Senior Staff RF Engineer – Linkabit
The Senior Staff RF Engineer will be a member of the Engineering department supporting projects involving DoD customers. The successful candidate will work in tandem with members of the Production Test Engineering, Operations, and Program Management staff supporting production related RF engineering assignments to include redesign for obsolescence, manufacturability, and testability. The Senior Staff RF Engineer will also be a member of the Engineering design group responsible for the electrical design, analysis and supporting documentation required for program execution from internal product development through volume production; these designs will be supported from inception through production test. The Electrical design group will support proposals as required and may provide project/program management support as needed. The Electrical design group will maintain state of the art design and simulation capability in digital, analog and RF areas. We will consider candidates from Senior Staff to Principal level (10+ years of experience) for this opening. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Implement the Linkabit Engineering development process on every job being supported.
· Support complex RF engineering design, development and integration projects.
· Communicate complicated or difficult information clearly and diplomatically with all levels of employees; written and verbal communications must be polished and diplomatic.
· Support production automated test environment development for board, module, ESS, and System level testing
o To perform ATPs, DVTs, and HALTs
o To support FRACAs
o To validate test environments
o To support division test priorities
· Make Data-based Recommendations to Enhance Operational Excellence supporting design improvements, material obsolescence, and equipment obsolescence.
· Be responsible for planning, developing, documenting, executing and reporting development design activities necessary to satisfactorily support division program requirements.
· Produce accurate, punctual reports; deliver presentations/training/white papers and share information with others.
· Analyze cost versus performance of critical system components and subsystem design options by performing trade-off studies and market analyses to ensure maximum benefit to cost.
· Analyze and document interface requirements and characteristics within and across subsystems to facilitate system integration and ensure consistency and compatibility among components.
· Lead/support SRR/PDR/CDR/PRR meetings during project development phases.
· Develop detailed Statements of Work, Interface Specifications, and Test Requirement Analyses.
· Perform Requirements Traceability and Test Coverage Analyses.
· Directly interface with and direct vendors in test requirement interpretation and troubleshooting.
· Lead Engineers and Technicians on production test techniques, troubleshooting, and root cause analyses.
· Work independently and in a team environment on directed tasks reporting performance to schedule and budget.
· Review metrics and defects trends, identify systemic root causes and process improvements.
· Recommend new approaches, tools and techniques that drive continuous improvement in technical development processes.
· Assist Business Development with pursuit and capture of new business opportunities including proposal writing and review.
· Participate in test activities at factory, government, commercial facilities and ranges; will develop and present test status reports to customer representatives.
· Travel up to 10% with periods of extended travel during product validation activities.
A qualified candidate will have:
· A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or other comparable technical discipline and a minimum of 8 years of RF engineering design experience.
· A mastery of RF design principles with the ability to use and program Network Vector Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, Power Meters, etc.
· A solid understanding of Boundary Scan and Flying Probe or Bed of Nails testing at the CCA level.
· A solid understanding of PWB and CCA manufacturing in support of program FRACA and contract manufacturer management.
· Minimum 5 years of experience in Genesys RF design software.
· Minimum 2 years of experience with synthesizer design.
· Minimum 2 years of experience with power supply design.
· Minimum 2 years of experience with high power amplifier design > 100W.
· RF design experience to 6GHz.
· Antenna design experience, HF to 6GHz preferred.
· A solid understanding of troubleshooting RF designs.
· Minimum 4 years of experience working and resolving problems in a production environment.
For over 45 years, Linkabit employees have enjoyed the opportunity to grow their careers and make an impact as we execute our mission to be the premier communications and signal intercept solutions provider for those who protect freedom around the globe. At Linkabit, every employee has an opportunity not just for a career, but to make a difference for the customers we serve. With some of the brightest and most dedicated talent in the industry, Linkabit achieves its purpose through outstanding service, business agility, technical excellence and personal commitment, while maintaining profitable growth. We center our business around our core values of teamwork, customer satisfaction, integrity, respect, and a positive attitude. Linkabit specializes in designing, developing, and delivering sophisticated communications and signal intercept systems to a wide array of government and commercial customers. Our work includes: bandwidth-efficient satellite and line-of- sight voice, data and control modems, voice and data radios for delivery to worldwide markets, complete terminals, antenna systems, small, lightweight, lower power, man-portable and multi-platform tactical Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) systems, integration of sophisticated intelligence systems into mobile platforms, and information processing systems and services.
U. S. citizenship is required. Applicants selected may be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Linkabit has an ongoing commitment to independent research and development and the creation of new technology. We offer employees a variety of challenging and meaningful projects that directly impact the business, as well as competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), at least 9 paid holidays each year, 3 weeks of paid personal time off, a 9/80 workweek (26 Fridays off a year!), undergraduate and graduate education reimbursement, and support for leadership and technical growth and development. Linkabit maintains division office locations in San Diego, CA, Melbourne, FL, and Reston, VA, with additional L-3 Communications locations worldwide.
For timely processing, please submit your application online at http://www.l-3jobs.com/, Job #081658. To learn more about our company and technologies visit our website at http://www.l-3com.com/. L-3 Communications Corporation is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L-3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L-3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans, and disabled individuals to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified.
Should you require a reasonable accommodation in applying for a position at Linkabit, please call 321-727- 0660.Share this post ---->