Manufacturing Engineer – Linkabit
The Manufacturing Engineer will establish the process for manufacturing SHF NCW SATCOM, Electronic Warfare Systems, HF/VHF Tactical Multi-band Software-Defined Radios; Conduct economic analyses on new methods/equipment and recommend plans for facility layout as well as process flow improvements; Guide the design for manufacturability of new products during transition from design to production.
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to, the following:
• Developing routers and travelers for all assemblies to be manufactured and tested in production.
• Developing work method documentation and utilizing time study techniques to support manufacturing processes.
• Estimating direct labor requirements using learning curves.
• Researching production tools, document, and train in the proper use of the tools.
• Providing facility layout and designing recommendations for new methods and process flow improvements.
• Working with production planning and purchasing to resolve issues.
• Performing Manufacturing Engineering MRB liaison duties related to electromechanical assemblies, including electrical components, sheet metal assemblies, wire harnesses and cable assemblies.
• Supporting and enforcing FOD, cleanliness, 6S, ESD and ergonomic processes.
A qualified candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering.
• Minimum of five years of relevant experience as a Manufacturing Engineer.
• Strong mechanical background.
• Familiarity with IPC and J-STD requirements for the manufacture of military and defense products.
• Ability to read electrical schematics and mechanical drawings to support electro-mechanical and system assembly, test and diagnosis of problems.
• Strong computer skills using Excel and Word.
• Excellent Communication Skills. Ability to effectively communicate across departments and with management.
• CAD, SolidWorks Experience.
• Lean Manufacturing background or Lean Six Sigma certification preferred.
• Experience in SPC, MIL Standards, ISO 9000/AS 9100 Quality systems.
For over 45 years, Linkabit employees have enjoyed the opportunity to grow their careers and make an impact as we execute our mission to be the premier communications and signal intercept solutions provider for those who protect freedom around the globe. At Linkabit, every employee has an opportunity not just for a career, but to make a difference for the customers we serve. With some of the brightest and most dedicated talent in the industry, Linkabit achieves its purpose through outstanding service, business agility, technical excellence and personal commitment, while maintaining profitable growth. We center our business around our core values of teamwork, customer satisfaction, integrity, respect, and a positive attitude. Linkabit specializes in designing, developing, and delivering sophisticated communications and signal intercept systems to a wide array of government and commercial customers. Our work includes: bandwidth-efficient satellite and line-of-sight voice, data and control modems, voice and data radios for delivery to worldwide markets, complete terminals, antenna systems, small, lightweight, lower power, man-portable and multi-platform tactical Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) systems, integration of sophisticated intelligence systems into mobile platforms, and information processing systems and services.
U. S. citizenship is required. Applicants selected may be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Linkabit has an ongoing commitment to independent research and development and the creation of new technology. We offer employees a variety of challenging and meaningful projects that directly impact the business, as well as competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), at least 9 paid holidays each year, 3 weeks of paid personal time off, a 9/80 workweek (26 Fridays off a year!), undergraduate and graduate education reimbursement, and support for leadership and technical growth and development. Linkabit maintains division office locations in San Diego, CA, Melbourne, FL, and Reston VA, with additional L-3 Communications locations worldwide.
For timely processing, please submit your application online at http://www.l-3jobs.com/, Job #083174. To learn more about our company and technologies visit our website at http://www.l-3com.com/. L-3 Communications Corporation is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L-3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L-3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans, and disabled individuals to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified.
Should you require a reasonable accommodation in applying for a position at Linkabit, please call 321-727-0660.Share this post ---->