Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) – Linkabit
The Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) will provide support to Suppliers for Circuit Card Assemblies (CCAs), Printed Wiring Boards (PWBs), Cables and Fabrication products.
This position is focused on evaluating the quality and process controls of our suppliers and making recommendation of improvements based on supplier performance trends.
The SQE will work with the suppliers to develop their processes and quality systems to ensure sustainable compliance to the requirements of our company, customers and industry standards. The position requires ability and flexibility to travel up to approximately 50% of the time.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Participating in the selection and qualification of production suppliers through the use of rationalization / scoring techniques, and leading supplier certification activities.
Leading supplier development projects / activities.
- Providing updates and presentations to management as necessary.
- Chairing the procurement quality board (PQB) meetings each quarter in order to continuously review supplier performance and sustain an acceptable supply base.
- Issuing corrective action requests to suppliers to address systemic issues, major non-conformances, etc.
- Implementing the necessary elements of program quality plans, ensuring that quality requirements are satisfied throughout the order fulfillment process via receiving, manufacturing and pre-ship activity.
- Providing technical support to the receiving inspection function. Implementing inspections for critical characteristics.
- Supporting Operations, Engineering, Program Management and other functional groups by providing trend analysis and root cause analysis investigations, as well as corrective action recommendations.
- Supporting program execution and new product introduction for suppliers, assuring contractual compliance internally and externally by establishing
- Program Quality Plans and providing appropriate inputs into Design Reviews and DPM/DFT/DFQ.
- Participating in Failure Review Board (FRB) and/or Material Review Board (MRB) in order to identify supplier related yield issues, and work corrective action with suppliers.
- Participating in Change Control Board (CCB) activities.
- Proactively identify risks and implementing appropriate mitigation plans.
A qualified candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree (technical degree preferred) and five to seven years of experience in the quality field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in internal auditing and Lean Six Sigma experience (green or black belt) are desired.
- Must have experience with IPC standards for circuit card assemblies and PWBs.
- Defense contract experience and experience working with RF or SATCOM is preferred. Experience with a stage gate New Product Introduction process is helpful.
- Must be a motivated and organized multi-tasker that requires minimal supervision to complete assignments. Must be able to read and interpret documents such as engineering drawings and procedures, quality procedures and work instructions, test procedures, design documentation, contracts, and SOWs as relative to
- Quality Engineering requirements. Must have exceptional interpersonal skills and be computer literate.
- Must understand hardware quality assurance standards, CCA assembly and test processes, as well as performing root cause analysis and corrective action implementation, including failure analyses.
For over 45 years, Linkabit employees have enjoyed the opportunity to grow their careers and make an impact as we execute our mission to be the premier communications and signal intercept solutions provider for those who protect freedom around the globe. At Linkabit, every employee has an opportunity not just for a career, but to make a difference for the customers we serve. With some of the brightest and most dedicated talent in the industry, Linkabit achieves its purpose through outstanding service, business agility, technical excellence and personal commitment, while maintaining profitable growth. We center our business around our core values of teamwork, customer satisfaction, integrity, respect, and a positive attitude. Linkabit specializes in designing, developing, and delivering sophisticated communications and signal intercept systems to a wide array of government and commercial customers. Our work includes: bandwidth-efficient satellite and line-of- sight voice, data and control modems, voice and data radios for delivery to worldwide markets, complete terminals, antenna systems, small, lightweight, lower power, man-portable and multi-platform tactical Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) systems, integration of sophisticated intelligence systems into mobile platforms, and information processing systems and services.
U. S. citizenship is required. Applicants selected may be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Linkabit has an ongoing commitment to independent research and development and the creation of new technology. We offer employees a variety of challenging and meaningful projects that directly impact the business, as well as competitive salaries. Linkabit maintains division office locations in San Diego, CA, Melbourne, FL, and Reston VA, with additional L-3 Communications locations worldwide.
For timely processing, please submit your application online at http://www.l-3jobs.com/, Job #083659. To learn more about our company and technologies visit our website at http://www.l-3com.com/. L-3 Communications Corporation is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L-3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L-3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans, and disabled individuals to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified.
Should you require a reasonable accommodation in applying for a position at Linkabit, please call 321-727- 0660.Share this post ---->